- 375ml (1 1/2 cup) flour
- 15ml (1 tbsp) baking soda
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 60ml (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 160ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 375ml (1 1/2 cup) pure maple syrup
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Add butter. Gradually pour in milk. Stir to even consistency.
- In a saucepan, bring water and maple syrup to a boil.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into balls and drop them gently into the boiling maple syrup. Cover and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, without lifting cover.