- The day before, place the onion, beef cubes, bay leaves and peppercorns in a bowl. Add the cranberry juice and refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Remove the beef cubes, filter the liquid and set aside.
- In a large ovenproof saucepan, heat the oil on high and brown the meat. Season with salt and pepper then set meat aside.
- In the same saucepan, add the flour and butter and cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Deglaze with the cranberry juice. Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Add the meat to the saucepan. Add the broth, onions, turnips and carrots and bring to a boil. Cover and bake at 350 °F for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for another 45 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the meat comes apart with a fork. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve hot.
Recipe development : Chef Giovanni Apollo
Photo credits :
Marie-Élaine Thibault, Chef-stylist
Marc-André Lapierre, photographer