- Score the skins of the breasts using a knife, creating a diamond-shaped pattern. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan on low heat, place duck breasts skin side down and cook for 10 minutes without turning.
- Turn the duck breasts and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the fat from the pan.
- Place the duck breasts on a cooling rack and set aside.
- In the pan, add the maple syrup, vinegar, anise and ginger. Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the broth and reduce by half.
- Add the maple pickled cranberries and let simmer for 2 to 4 minutes until a syrupy consistency is reached. Keep warm.
- Bake duck breasts for 4 to 5 minutes at 375 °F then slice them.
- Drizzle the maple pickled cranberry sauce on duck and serve with sautéed potatoes and mushrooms.
Recipe development : Chef Giovanni Apollo
Photo credits :
Marie-Élaine Thibault, Chef-stylist
Marc-André Lapierre, photographer