- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Set a clean piece of untreated cedar plank that has been soaked in water for 2 hours or a piece of heavy-duty foil that has been pierced several times on the grate. Lay the salmon on a baking sheet.
- Blend the maple taffy with the lime zest, soy sauce, lime juice and butter until combined
- Sprinkle the salmon evenly with salt and pepper
- Slide the salmon, skin side down, onto the cedar or foil. Grill for 5 minutes.
- Baste liberally with the glaze
- Reduce the grill temperature to medium; cover and continue to grill, without turning, for 5 to 7 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily when tested with a knife
- Garnish with fresh chives and lime slices
Tip: this glaze is also delicious on grilled chicken or pork