June 4, 2015 Smartsak
Ever since maple syrup hit the market, it’s been packaged in a very traditional container. After years of R&D, Citadelle has come up with an innovative and practical unique packaging. This is a huge revolution in the maple industry! After listening to consumer feedback, Citadelle decided to introduce the SmartSak. Not only is it user friendly, it’s also environmentally friendly in all respects.
Enjoy benefits for you and your customers!
- Re-sealable, drip-free spout eliminates sticky spills.
- Won’t dent, rip or break—even if squeezed or dropped on a hard surface.
- Flexible packaging makes it easy to hold and pour (a great benefit for kids or senior citizens!).
- Can easily be stored in the refrigerator .
- Can be frozen in its container for long-term storage.
- Large front and back panels allow for more communication to customers (day-to-day usage, recipes, nutritional benefits, etc.).
- Opaque exterior guaranties maple syrup’s flavour and colour.
- New lightweight packaging—14 g instead of a 70-g tin can, 415-g glass bottle or 57-g plastic jar.
- Top quality shelf life: 2 years.
Did you know Citadelle cares for the environment?
The environment matters to Citadelle, and that’s why we seek to innovate at every level, from our final products to our packaging.
The SmartSak’s innovative design helps reduce our collective carbon footprint and emissions of greenhouse gas:
- Manufactured entirely in one location, unlike standard containers that require separate suppliers for the vessel, label and lid. This means we’ve also cut transport by two thirds.
- Environmentally friendly—requiring less energy to produce than cans or bottles.
- Entirely recyclable wherever multi-layered packaging can be processed.
- BPA free.
Customize your SmartSak.
- Corporate brands to private labels: options are wide open.
- Available for light, medium, amber, and even organic maple syrups.
- The SmartSak is available in 7 sizes: 30 mL, 125 mL, 189 mL, 250 mL, 375 mL, 500 mL, and 1 L.
- Retail Ready Pack (RRP) also available depending on package size selected.